Dog Friendly Britain Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide dogs banned

5 posters

Go down

Guide dogs banned Empty Guide dogs banned

Post  mummysnoo Sun May 29, 2011 12:36 am

Time to say "No" to these people

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13198493
mummysnoo
mummysnoo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Guide dogs banned Empty Re: Guide dogs banned

Post  Mutley Sun May 29, 2011 2:08 am

It's an absolute disgrace. I know if I were seated in a restaurant and a person with an assistance dog came in and was refused entry, I'd stand up and walk out and make a lot of noise in the process!
Mutley
Mutley
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  maggieh Sun May 29, 2011 3:01 am

Completely ridiculous, I hope this is rare, I must admit I've never seen anyone with a guide dog being barred from restaurants and would certainly have something to say about it if I did. Mad

maggieh
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cavalierfran Sun May 29, 2011 6:53 am

That's disgusting, and if I saw it happening I would leave loudly in support of the person with the assistance dog, and I would publicly boycott the offending business, and also name and shame them at every opportunity.
The law needs to be toughened up - no-one should be discriminating against those who need assistance dogs!
cavalierfran
cavalierfran
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  witchy Mon May 30, 2011 5:30 am

That is outrageous. We don't have dogs in the bedrooms but an assistance dog would be allowed in them without question. If any of the other guests complsained they'd be shown the door if they didn't apologise.

Guide dogs and other assistance dogs should be allowed legal right of entry to absolutely everywhere that it is permitted for the public to go. We would allow them in the d9ining room without question.

If you're not disabled you don't realise how much discrimination there is. I was refused entry to a local attraction once with my granddaughter who was also using crutches, on the grounds that we might hold up other visitors.
witchy
witchy
Normal Member
Normal Member

http://www.hafodelwyhall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum