Dog Friendly Britain Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is it people think it's okay?????

4 posters

Go down

Why is it people think it's okay????? Empty Why is it people think it's okay?????

Post  cavalierfran Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:19 am

to let their overfriendly over exhuberent untrained large (not fat) loves the whole world Staffy run amok? Now, don't get me wrong, he's a lovely dog, but I'm not impressed when his owner doesn't catch up to him for at least 5 minutes every morning while I'm trying to check out Maddie, who was knocked over when he came haring up, and stop him humping Pippin (who is used to other male dogs doing this to him but is yelping because of the size difference Sad ).

The dog has no recall and loves the world, but has no idea of his size or how to greet other dogs calmly, and also wont go away until the owner arrives and puts him on lead. I did say something the other morning but the owner doesn't think his dog should be on lead because he's only being friendly and mine are off lead!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mine are in view and are under control. Mostly. As long as you're not a squirrel or a rabbit. Twisted Evil

Sorry to rant, but I'm still annoyed.

Frances
cavalierfran
cavalierfran
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Why is it people think it's okay????? Empty Re: Why is it people think it's okay?????

Post  witchy Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:12 am

With you there. If the dog is knocking over other animals and trying to hump them then the dog is not under control and the owner needs to get a grip. No wonder you were cross. I would be.

To lighten the feeling. A couple of years back when D'Arcy was still a little puppy about 9 or 10 months old ( he would by then have weighed around 2kgs). I was walking him around our reservoir off the lead as always. We were on the path when in a small grassed area to the side I spotted a stocky little man with three big boxers on leads. D'Arcy stood on the edge of the path barking fiercely at them for a few seconds at which point the man's dogs tried to attack D'Arcy and pulled the man on to the grass then dragged him on his face across the grass.
It was hilarious to see. D'Arcy was no more than four foot from my side at any point and the dogs were twenty odd feet away when the man managed to right himself.
He screamed at me "get your ***** dog under control, that thing should be on a lead". How I managed not to wet my pants laughing I don't know.
witchy
witchy
Normal Member
Normal Member

http://www.hafodelwyhall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Why is it people think it's okay????? Empty Re: Why is it people think it's okay?????

Post  cavalierfran Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:03 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
cavalierfran
cavalierfran
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Why is it people think it's okay????? Empty D'Arcy

Post  Charlie Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:55 am

I can just imagine D'Arcy having a go! I love your profile pic. I see my little friends are still looking good. xx
Charlie
Charlie
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mummysnoo Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:50 am

Welcome Charlie and the fish ? Have you got any Dogfish ? LOL
mummysnoo
mummysnoo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Why is it people think it's okay????? Empty Hiya

Post  Charlie Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:00 am

Hello Francis. I have various cafish and a cat now! Max was so miserable that I got a kitten who doesn't realise how much I hate cats walking on worktops etc, they are dirty animals and I'm having to put up with it so Max is happy!

I'm going through bleach like theres no tomorrowm she gets in a plant pot then walks along the bath and in the sink so I have to go behind her and clean it all again AAGGggghhhh
Charlie
Charlie
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum