Dog Friendly Britain Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got a Kindle

5 posters

Go down

I got a Kindle Empty I got a Kindle

Post  cavalierfran Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:56 am

for my birthday (that was last Friday), and although I am a real fan of real books I love my Kindle. I've been having trouble reading in artificial light in the evenings, that's partly due to the latest birthday I think Laughing So, being able to increase the font size really helps and now I can read more! It's my second favourite hobby after dog training. Very Happy

Fran
cavalierfran
cavalierfran
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

I got a Kindle Empty Re: I got a Kindle

Post  maggieh Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:39 am

I've always been a bit curious about kindles and nearly bought one before our last holiday. Not sure if I'd like reading from a screen all the time and also I love the feeling of opening a new book Smile Might just see what my next birthday brings as I love reading and the thought of not having to heave a load of books round when we go away.
Happy reading Very Happy Very Happy

maggieh
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cavalierfran Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:40 am

The screen isn't "glary" like a laptop or pc, but more of a matt finish. I would definitely recommend it, and will have loads of books downloaded for my holiday.

Fran
cavalierfran
cavalierfran
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  christined Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:17 am

I got one in January, it was a belated Christmas present because I never got anything from o/h at Christmas. Mainly because I have everything well so o/h says (not got my second Schnauzer I keep telling him. ANYWAY Have to say I just love it I am now on my ninth book, I have read more with it than I did with books. Some of the books are so cheap to buy also there is ones that are free .......besides my laptop its my next favourite gadget.

Love it

Last edited by christined on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
christined
christined
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  maggieh Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:37 pm

You've convinced me - will definitely get one for my birthday in Sept Very Happy

maggieh
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  witchy Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:10 am

The smell of a new book, the crisp turn of clean new paper, the ability to flick quickly backward and forward through the pages, the feeling of anticipation as I pick it up. Being able to buy the latest books straight from the publisher rather than wait for them to come out downloadable, then being able to pass them on to another book lover after I've read them once.

Oh no, keep the electronic voodoo stuff away from here. I'll stick to the written word on paper. Mind you, I do spend a fortune on books and could buy a kindle with one month of my book buying I'd guess Embarassed so husband might prefer it. HE might prefer that to the bedside light on for hours, the turn of crisp new pages every few seconds and the thud as I drop it on top of him when I need the loo!
witchy
witchy
Normal Member
Normal Member

http://www.hafodelwyhall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:03 am

Thought thats what you used to get a fire going!! Very Happy
Charlie
Charlie
Normal Member