Dog Friendly Britain Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Billy health scare!!

3 posters

Go down

Another Billy health scare!! Empty Another Billy health scare!!

Post  maggieh Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:10 am

Took Billy to the vet yesterday as he was being sick every so often - no other symptoms but I worried that it was a side effect of the new anti inflammatory drug he's on. Anyway the vet gave him a very thorough exam including checking his prostate Embarassed Billy was NOT impressed Wink During the examination the vet thought he could feel a lump in his belly SO back to the vet today to be sedated and x-rayed. Thankfully nothing abnormal on the x-ray, they think he may have an ulcer so he's on 2 different types of medication and a special diet for a couple of weeks to see if we can settle his tummy down.
Goodness me - that dog will be the death of me Wink Smile

maggieh
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Another Billy health scare!! Empty Re: Another Billy health scare!!

Post  carolsdogs Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:47 am

I'm sorry Maggieh , iv'e only just noticed this post , how is he now Question

carolsdogs
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mummysnoo Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:45 am

Me too Maggieh, how's Billy now. Its amazing how one day they're up and the next day they're down. Pity they cannot tell us how they feel.
mummysnoo
mummysnoo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  maggieh Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:20 am

Hi Carol/mummysnoo, we've got Billy on Omeprazole and Antepsin each day to see if that keeps his tummy settled, when we stopped them before he began being sick every day which was a little worrying. The vet is fairly convinced its the Trocoxil thats causing it but the problem is that it helps his joints so much. Its a real dilemma, we've agreed to give him the tablets every day for a month then try to cut him down so he only has the 'tummy' tablets around the time he has the trocoxil. He's been really settled for the past week so hopefully this will work. Thanks for your concern Very Happy

maggieh
Normal Member
Normal Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down